Saturday, July 15, 2017

Coffee Table Sketch.



I made this for a furniture making class I took last semester. The construction of the coffee table from start to finish was an especially good experience since I was able to apply my knowledge of 3D modeling to the creation of a physical object. Having the model gave me a really specific target for my woodworking project and I found this much more helpful than just drawings. The time it can save you in the construction process is easily worth the time put in modeling it, but that's definitely not to say it was snag free. This is the first piece of furniture I've made and hope to continue with bookshelves, seating, and whatever else needs creating.

Walnut was used for the entire table. I also turned the legs myself on the lathe which was probably the most fun I had which is probably apparent based on how I went overboard just a bit.


The end product in it's various stages:

No comments:

Post a Comment