Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Woodworking Sketch: Double-sided bookshelf.

I spent half the day working on this bookshelf model I want to construct in my next furniture class. It took me longer than a usual model due to the need to decide on many construction factors that normally would be estimated/faked for the sake of speed. Things like the joinery and slots for panels require quiet a bit of planning especially if I'm going to use this as a guide in the construction which I plan on doing. Props to my wife who came up with this idea for a double-sided bookshelf to maximize our space for storing books while minimizing the footprint. I'm super excited to dive into this project and I'm definitely not short on motivation to complete this as it will help organize our tiny apartment just that much more. If you want to check back I'll definitely post pics of the finished product 3-4 months down the road. Hope you all enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment